ITAR POLICY AND EXPORT COMPLIANCE INFORMATION
The U.S. Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control administer export control regulations that affect the sale (including domestic transactions), transfer and export of certain technology offered by PRG Defense. As applicable, you must comply with export regulations summarized below.
• DDTC Controlled technologies sold in the U.S. can only be sold to U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR.
• The export, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations is strictly prohibited. Violations may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime.
• ITAR and EAR restrict the sale, export, re-export, diversion, or otherwise transfer of products to any person or entity identified on any of the following lists without authorization from the U.S. Government: (a) Department of Commerce’s Denied Persons List, Unverified List, or Entity List; (b) Department of State’s Nonproliferation Sanctions or Arms Export Control Act (AECA) Debarred List; (c) OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals List; or (d) any country subject to U.S. economic sanctions or embargoes without authorization from the U.S. Government, including but not limited to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR): The item(s) listed for sale by PRG are generally subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and export is strictly prohibited without a license issued by the U.S. Department of State's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. By proceeding with a transaction to purchase any ITAR restricted item(s), the Customer certifies that (1) he/she is a U.S. Person as defined within the ITAR. A US person is generally defined as any U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder). (2) The Customer does not intend to export such items without the appropriate U.S. Government export authorization; (3) the Customer does not intend to export, transfer, sell, or furnish the item to any Foreign Person, whether abroad or in the U.S., including any Foreign Embassy in the U.S., without the appropriate U.S. Government export authorization;
• U.S. Person: A U.S. Person as defined by ITAR § 120.15, means that the Customer is a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(20), or is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or is a "corporation, business association, partnership, society, trust, or any other entity, organization or group that is incorporated to do business in the U.S., or is a governmental (federal, state, or local) entity" (See ITAR § 120.15).
• Foreign Person: A foreign person under the ITAR § 120.16 means "any natural person who is not a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(20) or who is not a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)," and can mean "any foreign corporation, business association, trust, society, or any other entity or group that is not incorporated or organized to do business in the U.S., as well as international organizations, foreign governments, and any agency or subdivisions of government (e.g. diplomatic missions)" (See ITAR § 120.16);
Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Some of the item(s) sold by PRG may be subject to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and are restricted from export by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security. By proceeding with a transaction to purchase any restricted item(s), the Customer certifies that he or she does not intend to export such items without the appropriate U.S. Department of Commerce export authorization as required.
Page 2 of 2
Export control laws and regulations are complex. Any summaries of such laws and regulations provided by PRG Defense are not to be taken as legal advice or counseling. Please contact the agencies listed for additional information.
U.S. Department of State: Directorate of Defense Trade Control; Tel.: (202) 663-1282 Website: http://www.pmddtc.state.gov
U.S. Department of Commerce: Tel.: (202) 482-4811; website: http://www.bis.doc.gov
U.S. Department of the Treasury: Office of Foreign Assets Controls; Tel.: (202) 622-2480 Website: http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforce ment/ofac